For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts”), the data controller is MyPlace Media Limited (“MPC”, “us” or “we”). MPC is a private company registered in Ireland under company number 468877 and having its registered office at 36 Upper Baggot Street, Dublin 4.
By using the website .
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may monitor visits to the Site, principally, to ensure that it is easy to navigate, to identify the areas that are of particular interest to visitors and generally to improve the Site and services offered. The information we collect in this process will not identify you as an individual and it does not seek to identify individual visitors unless they volunteer their contact details through one of the forms on the Site.
In some circumstances our records may identify organisations visiting the Site and we may use that information in managing its relationship with those organisations, for example, in considering how to develop the services that it offers.
The personal information MPC holds about you will depend on the services you request from MPC and the use that you make of those services. We may collect:
- Information regarding your use of our Services including but not limited to session information regarding each session in which you access our Services, IMEI numbers and MAC address information, information on the operating system of the Device from which you access our Services, telephone numbers, SMS, MMS, emails and other electronic communications received or made by you and the date, time, cost and duration, of such communications, your browsing history (including web sites you visit) and location data, internet PC location for broadband, address location for billing, delivery, installation or your phone location
- Information that you provide by filling in forms and submitting information over the phone, by post, email, fax or on the Site. This includes information provided on registration for any one of our services, through surveys, by posting material on the Site or by requesting services from us
- Records of communications between you and us relating to services provided by us to you. If you contact us, whether through the Site or otherwise (for example, by post, email, fax, phone, text message) we may keep a record of that correspondence. For example, if you submit a query, a complaint or a refund request, report a problem with our service or Site, or otherwise liaise with our customer service, technical support or any other department in our company we may keep such record
- Your debit or credit card details (if provided)
- Your account name and account numbers held by financial institutions from which any payments for services provided by us are made
- Information obtained as a result of credit checks which you authorise us to carry out
- Records of use made by you of services provided by us to you
- Details of your visits to our Clients’ venues
- Location data relating to your Device when it is availing of our Services
- Your IP address (this is your Device’s individual identification number for internet connection) is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our Site and your use of our Services; and
- Details of your visits to our Site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access
The above information may include any personal information that relates to and identifies you, including but not limited to your name, date of birth, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, bank account details, and any other information collected as set out in the above list.
We may check some of the information that you provide against third party databases to confirm that it is accurate.
In some cases, for example where we carry out credit checks or collect information from organisations to whom we outsource functions, your personal information will be collected indirectly.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- HOW WE CAN USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may process this information for the purpose of:
- Providing you with electronic communications services including, without limitation: (i) provisioning or connecting your service; (ii) network routing; (iii) investigating and fixing faults in relation to the services and (iv) investigating complaints;
- Following up any payments that you may owe us,
- Administering contractual agreements or arrangements necessary to provide services to you;
- Informing you about services and events provided or organised by us that may be of interest to you;
- Enhancing and personalising the services that we offer to you;
- Administering accounts records;
- Providing you access to all parts or features of our services or the Site;
- Communicating with you on any matter relating to the provision generally of our services;
- Dealing with your inquiries and requests, including contacting you if necessary;
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Processing your payment;
- Contacting you for your views on our services and notifying you occasionally about important changes or developments to our services or the Site;
- Carrying out market research campaigns;
- Improving and developing our services or the Site;
- Ensuring that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- Performing research and statistical analysis and analysing markets and producing reports; and
- Debt recovery or debt tracing, crime, fraud and money laundering compliance.
We may also process your personal information, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about this by email, post or telephone. If you prefer not to receive information from MPC or from its selected third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, (eg the order form or registration form) if applicable, or send an email message to [email protected] at any time.
Although it is a condition of access to MPC’s free Services that you consent to the processing of your personal data so as to enable MPC and selected third parties to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, you may opt out of receiving such marketing communications at any time.
MPC may contract out all or part of its communications services plus other ancillary services such as mailing, credit checking, provisioning, billing, printing, verification of sales and fault fixing to external service providers. We may disclose your personal information to these organisations but only to the extent necessary or desirable for them to be able to provide you and/or others with the services that we have contracted out.
We may disclose your personal information to other telecommunications service and equipment providers, affiliates of MPC, resellers, credit providers, credit reporting agencies, organisations to whom we outsource services, and our business partners and associates. At your request, we may disclose your information to directory providers so that your information can appear in telephone directories. Personal information shared with related corporate bodies may include your name, address, and service history.
We may analyse information about you including your calling, browsing, searching and location data on a personalised basis always in accordance with data protection legislation. We may transfer this data to authorised third parties and we may use it to tailor our (or our authorised third parties) offers, promotions, adverts or commercial communications.
We may also gather this information and statistics on aggregated basis for the purposes of monitoring the usage of the Site and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties such as advertisers, telecoms carriers, content providers our affiliated companies or prospective business partners. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
If you are aged 16 or under, you will need your parent or guardian’s permission before providing any personal data. Otherwise, you are not allowed to provide us with personal information and you must not make any use of our Services.
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place certain security procedures with regards to the Site and your electronic communications with us, as set out in this policy.
Please be aware that communications over the internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered. This is the nature of the internet.
We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control. You must not share your password which give you access to any of our services. Your passwords and any other secret information are your responsibility, and must not be disclosed to any third party.
We endevour to put in place and maintain appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ information.
We may need to disclose your data, if required by law or when requested to by regulatory bodies (eg Ofcom) or law enforcement organisations or a court, which may use your data for regulatory purposes.
- 4 TO WHOM WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED?
- to clients of MPC from whose premises MPC offers its Services to you (and, for the avoidance of doubt, your information may be provided to all such clients even though you have provided your personal information to MPC only in connection with use of MPC’s Services at only one such client);
- to other electronic communications service and equipment providers;
- to organisations to whom we outsource services, and our business partners and associates; we will reasonably ensure that anyone to whom we pass your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it;
- to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing our compliance with any regulatory rules/codes or where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- to any competent authority in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- to our employees;
- where we, or an affiliate processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law;
- to third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information;
- to auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on our business;
- to any third party where such disclosure is required in order to enforce or apply our Site Terms and/or other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, child protection and credit risk reduction;
- to other affiliates of MPC, including their respective partners, agents and sub contractors (including prospective partners, agents and subcontractors). This may include your name, address, and service history;
- to prospective sellers or buyers of our business or any of our assets;
- to third party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to IT support services) to us; and
- in emergency situations when we have a reason to believe that the physical safety of any person is at risk, to any relevant third party.
- 5 DATA RETENTION
We will ordinarily retain and process your personal information for one year from the date on which you last made use of MPC’s Services. If you use MPC’s Services again after that year you may need to re-register. Other than that, we will only retain information for as long as this is needed including for compliance, archival, backup, regulatory, billing and accountancy purposes. To comply with EU Directive 2006/24/EC, the Communications (Retention of Data) Act 2011 and any other applicable legislation, we may retain the following information for longer periods as required by applicable law:
- Data necessary to trace and identify the source of a communication (telephone number, name and address of subscriber, sender’s IP address, etc.);
- Data necessary to identify the recipient of a communication (number dialled, name and address of recipient, IP address of recipient, etc.);
- Data necessary to identify the date, time and duration of a communication (date of the communication, start and end time of a telephone conversation, logo-on and log-off time of internet access service);
- Data necessary to identify the type of communication;
- Data necessary to identify users’ communication equipment or what purports to be their equipment;
- Cell site data necessary to identify the location of mobile communication equipment; and
- Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) or other end point of the originator of a communication.
- 6 YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS IN RELATION TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can write to us at any time to obtain a copy of your information and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Where appropriate, you may have your personal information erased, rectified, amended or completed. Please write to MPC’s registered office address from time to time or email us at [email protected].
Please quote your name and address. We should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like a copy or which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
We will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you. We may charge a fee of up to €6.00 to cover the administration costs involved in providing you with a copy of your information.
- 7 COOKIES
In the event the purposes for processing personal information change, we will contact you as soon as practicable and seek your consent for the new purposes where such new purposes relate to a new additional purpose for processing which is not compatible or similar to the originally specified purposes.
- 9 OTHER SITES
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you accessed the third party website using links from our Site or by means of our services.
We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have concerns or questions.
- 10 CONTACT
Click here in order to see the terms and conditions for MyPlace Connect